Job Opening - Circulation Clerk
15-20 hrs./week $12.00/hr
Immediate Supervisor: Circulation Supervisor/Library Director
Qualifications: Must possess excellent customer service skills both in person and on the telephone and be comfortable handling all types of patron situations. Must be flexible and adapt well to a fast paced environment while adhering to policies and procedures outlined by the library. This position is highly visible to the public and requires the promotion of a positive and informative image of the library.
Essential Job Functions: Primarily responsible for greeting and acknowledging patrons, charging and discharging library materials in a timely manner. Must possess or attain a working knowledge of automated circulation and computerized procedures. Must have the ability to maintain accurate records and adhere to patron record privacy policies. Additional duties include placing reserves on library materials, collecting fees, informing patrons by phone when reserved materials arrive and packing/unpacking/ shelving materials as well as maintaining a clean environment and an appealing collection.
• Must possess a High School Diploma or the equivalent.
• Previous library experience/customer service experience is preferred
• Schedule includes evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to multi-task when the need arises.
• Physical demands: Frequent standing, walking and bending. Frequent reaching, feeling and use of vision associated with computer use and handling of library materials, lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds; pushing/pulling of loaded book trucks.
• Please hand in or send application/cover letter/resume to:
Kristine Goldsmith, Director
Job Application is attached below.