Rossford Public Library Standards of Library Behavior
The Rossford Public Library is committed to providing a clean, secure and supportive environment for the legitimate use of its resources and services. To achieve this objective, the library has established the following standards of behavior:
RESPECT YOUR SURROUNDINGS
The following activities are prohibited:
- Damaging or tampering with library property.
- Recreational use of skateboards, skates, or bicycles on library property. Bicycles must be parked in racks.
- Use of alcohol and tobacco products on library property. This includes any electronic substitute devices. 5.28.14
- Loitering or interfering with the access, egress or use of library facilities.
- Beverages without lids or caps.
- Eating is prohibited inside the library. 12.15.21
The following actions are prohibited in the library:
- Using personal communication devices (cell phones, pagers, etc.) or entertainment devices at a volume that disturbs other patrons or library staff.
- Cell phones should have ringers turned off or set to vibrate.
- *Cell phone usage is permitted in entrance areas only.
- Unreasonable noise.
- Harassment, sexual misconduct, disruptive or threatening behavior, and use of abusive or obscene language.
- Disruptive behavior including shouting, running, jumping, or chasing another person.
- Posting, distributing or selling non library materials without prior permission from the library staff.
- Offensive or pervasive odor that constitutes a nuisance to other patrons or staff.
- Inappropriate use of the Internet or violation of the library’s Internet Use Policy.
- Carrying any item that is deemed to be a weapon is unlawful. Authorities will be notified.
- Possessing, selling, distributing or consuming any illegal controlled substance is unlawful. Authorities will be notified.
- Bags, backpacks and briefcases are subject to inspection.
- Service animals for people with disabilities are welcome. No other animals are permitted except as allowed during a library approved event.
- Shoes and shirts are required at all times.
- The number of people seated around a table is limited to the number of chairs initially at the table.
- The library does not assume responsibility for personal belongings.
- The library does not accept or assume responsibility for unattended children. Police may be notified of unattended children at closing. Parents/guardians/caregivers are responsible for their children’s behavior while in the library.
The Board of Trustees of the Rossford Public Library delegates to the Director and other administrators of the library the authority to enforce this policy. Degrees of infraction will determine consequences. Repeated abuse will result in suspension of library use and possible police action.
The Board of Trustees of the Rossford Public Library reserves the right to revise this policy as deemed appropriate without prior notice.
(Adopted by the Board of Trustees 11/23/09)
(Modified by Board of Trustees 5.28.14)
(Modified by Board of Trustees 12.15.21)